Tiramisu!

EVER WONDER what makes a Tiramisu a Real Tiramisu?

Translation of Tiramisu (Italian) to English would be "Pick-me-up"
Wake me up or make me Happy!


3 Main Components of Tiramisu
 1) Mascarpone Cheese
- Concentrated Version of Whipping Cream *With most of the liquid squeezed out
- Taste Rich & Creamy, not Sour*Doesn't taste like Cream Cheese at all
- Very Expensive *Most shops uses Cream Cheese instead
2) Sponge Finger
- Dried Finger Shaped Sponge Cake
- To absorb liquid
- Some shop make their own Sponge Finger, some buy

3) Coffee
- It's Bitterness to Counter Balance the Richness of Mascarpone Cheese
- Freshly Brewed Coffee would be pointless *It won't be Freshly Brewed by the time you eat it

4) Alcohol*Optional
- Traditionally Marsala Wine or Rum
- My favourite would be Galliano (Vanilla) & Kahlua (Coffee)
- Hardly used in Malaysia due to Halal Issue


Now you can tell your friends what a Tiramisu really is!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About me